- What is a Cloud?
Answer: A cloud is a combination of networks, hardware, services, storage, and interfaces that helps in delivering computing as a service. The cloud acts as a common center for its users to fulfill their computing needs. It has three users:
- End users – The end user is the one who uses the services provided by the cloud.
- Business management users – The business management user in the cloud takes the responsibility of the data and the services provided by the cloud.
- Cloud service provider – The cloud service provider is the one who takes care or is responsible for the maintenance of the IT assets of the cloud.
- What is Cloud Computing?
Answer: Cloud computing is an internet-based new age computer technology. Cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of your computer’s hard drive. It is advanced stage technology implemented so that the cloud provides the services globally as per the user requirements. It provides a method to access several servers worldwide. Cloud computing is a pool of highly scalable, abstracted and managed to compute infrastructure capable of hosting end-customer application & billed by consumption.
- What are the benefits of cloud computing?
Answer: The main benefits of cloud computing are:
- Data backup and storage of data
- Elasticity and scalability
- Powerful server capabilities
- Cost Effectiveness
- Billing self-service based usage model
- Incremented productivity
- Cost-effective and time-saving
- Standardized interfaces
- Take advantage of powerful server capabilities without a hardware investment
- Data storage (Relational, No-SQL, Block Storage)
- Sandboxing and virtualization capabilities
- Software as Service known as SaaS
- Information technology sandboxing capabilities
- Explain different models for deployment in cloud computing?
Answer: The different deployment models in cloud computing are:
- Private Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Community Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
- What are the Cloud Service Models?
Answer: The different Cloud Service models are:
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) – It provides cloud infrastructure in terms of hardware as like memory, processor, speed, etc.
- Software as a service (SaaS) – It provides cloud application platform for the developer.
- Platform as a service (PaaS) – It provides the cloud applications to users directly without installing anything on the system. These applications remains on cloud.
- List out different layers which define cloud architecture?
Answer: The different layers used by cloud architecture are:
- CLC or Cloud Controller
- Cluster Controller
- SC or Storage Controller
- NC or Node Controller
- What are the different data types used in cloud computing?
Answer: There are different data types in cloud computing like emails, contracts, images, blogs etc. As we know that data is increasing day by day so it is needed to new data types to store these new data. For an example, if you want to store video then you need a new data type.
- What is on-demand functionality? How is it provided in cloud computing?
Answer: Cloud computing provides on-demand access to the virtualized IT resources. It can be used by the subscriber. It uses shared pool to provide configurable resources. Shared pool contains networks, servers, storage, applications and services.
- What is Software as a service (Saas)?
Answer: Software as a service (SaaS) is a software distribution model in which a third-party provider hosts applications and makes them accessible to customers over the Internet.
- What is Platform as a service (PAAS)?
Answer: PaaS is one of the categories of cloud computing that provides a platform and environment to let the developers build apps and services over the internet. PaaS services are hosted in the cloud and are accessed by users simply through their web browsers.
- What is Infrastructure as a service (IAAS)?
Answer: Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is a form of cloud computing that provides for virtualized computing resources over the internet itself.
- What is Communications as a Service (CaaS)?
Answer: Communications as a Service (CaaS) is an outsourced scheme interactions solution that can be leased from a single vendor over the web.
- What is a Private cloud?
Answer: Private cloud is limited to only a few users and provides maximum security. It is fully operational and can be owned, utilized, operated, and restricted to an only limited organization. Many organizations are preferring private cloud as the security is enhanced in it.
- What is a Public cloud
Answer: The public cloud is used among many people and it can be used for deployment. The major focus of the public cloud is the application, infrastructure, and providing platforms to various markets.
- What are Hybrid clouds?
Answer: Hybrid clouds are made up of both public clouds and private clouds. It is preferred over both the clouds because it applies the most robust approach to implement cloud architecture. The hybrid cloud has features and performance of both private and public cloud. It has an important feature where the cloud can be created by an organization and the control of it can be given to some other organization.
- What Are The Advantages Of Cloud Services?
Answer: The advantages of cloud service are given as follows:
- Helps in the utilization of investment in the corporate sector; and therefore, is cost saving.
- Helps in the developing scalable and robust applications. Previously, the scaling took months, but now, scaling takes less time.
- Helps in saving time in terms of deployment and maintenance.
- Why API’s are used in cloud services?
Answer: API’s is an acronym for Application Programming Interface and it is used in a cloud for:
- The suggestion and instruction will pop up to make a connection between one or more application.
- Application can be programmed and developed easily with access to a link for cloud services of other systems.
- User doesn’t need to write a complete program as it provides inbuilt programming interface.
- Explain each of the three types of data used in cloud computing?
Answer: As cloud computing has grown, the data types have changed. There are particular data types needed to save and store various data files.
- Structured: Any data that can be stored, processed and accessed in a particular format is called structured data. example is database like RBMS, Oracle
- Unstructured: Data with no particular structure or format is un-structured data like Google search or email with attachment
- Semi-Structured: This will hold both types of data, example is personal data stored as XML file, Data from twitter in Json Format
- What are the different modes of software as a service?
Answer: Software as a Service provides cloud application platform on which user can create application with the tools provided.
The modes of software as a service are defined as:
- Simple multi-tenancy: In this mode each user has its own resources that are different from other users. It is an inefficient mode where the user has to put more time and money to add more infrastructure if the demand rises in less time to deliver.
- Fine grain multi-tenancy: In this mode the functionality remains the same that the resources can be shared to many. But it is more efficient as the resources are shared not the data and permission within an application.
- How the cloud services are measured?
- List down few Infrastructure as a service (IAAS) Cloud provider companies?
Answer: IAAS Provider companies are:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- AT & T
- Cisco Systems
- List down few Platform as a service (PAAS) Cloud provider companies?
Answer: PAAS Provider companies are:
- Engine Yard
- Red Hat
- Google App Engine
- List down few Software as a Service (SAAS) Cloud provider companies?
Answer: SAAS Provider companies are:
- What are the differences occurred in Distributed operations?
Answer: The differences occurred in Distributed operations are:
- FC: Master-Slave operations
- Nova: Parallel process and its shared database.
- What security aspects do you receive along with cloud?
Answer: There are mainly two security aspects of cloud and these are:
- Authentication and authorization – It only allows for those users who are genuine, to access that data and applications.
- Control of access – It permits the users to control the access of other users who may try to enter into the cloud environment.
- When transferring data to the cloud, what is the best way to make this operation safe?
Answer: By adopting a secure key, you can make sure there will not be any data leaks, whether they’re malicious or not, from the cloud storage. This action will make intercepting your data impossible when it moves into the cloud.
- What are the building blocks in cloud architecture?
Answer: The building blocks in cloud architecture are:
- Reference architecture
- Technical architecture
- Deployment operation architecture
- Reference architecture
- Technical architecture
- Deployment operation architecture
- What is EUCALYPTUS?
Answer: EUCALYPTUS is Elastic Utility Computing Architecture For Linking Your Programs To Useful Systems. It is an open source software infrastructure in cloud computing, which is used to implement clusters in cloud computing platform. It is used to build public, hybrid and private clouds. It has the ability to produce your own data center into a private cloud and allows you to use its functionality to many other organizations.
- Explain the difference between cloud and traditional data centers.
Answer: The difference between cloud and traditional data centers are:
- The cost and expenditure of the traditional data center is higher and expensive due to heating and hardware/software issues
- Cloud gets scaled when the demand increases. Mostly the expenditure is on the maintenance of the data centers, while this issues are not faced in cloud computing.
- What are the different datacenters in cloud computing?
Answer: The different datacenters in cloud computing are:
- Containerized datacenter – Containerized data centres are the packages that contain a consistent set of servers, network components and storage delivered to large warehouse kind of facilities and each deployment is relatively unique.
- Low density datacenter – A data centre which is containerized can cause heavy density, which in turn causes much heat and many engineering troubles. Low-density datacentres are the solution to this problem.
- What do you mean by VPN? What does it contain?
Answer: VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. VPN is a private cloud that manage the security of the data during the communication in the cloud environment. With VPN, you can make a public network as private network.
- What does a VPN consists of?
Answer: VPN is known as virtual private network and it consists of two important things:
- Firewall: it acts as a barrier between the public network and any private network. It filters the messages that are getting exchanged between the networks. It also protects from any malicious activity being done on the network.
- Encryption: it is used to protect the sensitive data from professional hackers and other spammers who are usually remain active to get the data. With a message always there will be a key with which you can match the key provided to you.
- State the list of a need of virtualization platform in implementing cloud?
Answer: The need of virtualization platform in implementing cloud is to manage the service level policies, cloud operating system, and virtualization platforms help to stay the backend level and user level ideas totally different from one another.
- What is the usage of virtualization platform in implementing cloud?
Answer: The main usage of virtualization platform in implementing cloud is:
- It is used to manage the service level policies.
- Cloud Operating System.
- Virtualization platforms help to keep the backend level and user level concepts different from each other.
- What are System Integrators?
Answer: Systems integrators are the important part of cloud computing platform. It provides the strategy of the complicated process used to design a cloud platform. It includes well defined architecture to find the resources and the characteristics which have to be included for cloud computing. Integrators plan the users cloud strategy implementation. Integrators have knowledge about data center creation and also allow more accurate private and hybrid cloud creation.
- What are some open source cloud computing platform databases?
Answer: Cloud computing platform has various databases that are in support. The open source databases that are developed to support it is as follows:
CouchDB: It is an open source database system based on Apache server and used to store the data efficiently